Illustrator (Part-Time, Long Term Contract)
HAUS in Los Angeles is looking for a long-term, part-time Illustrator with a specialty in conceptual iconography and illustration systems to join our collaborative and diversely talented team.
You're a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on concept and design that can move people at scale. You have a strong passion for innovation and an exceptional sense of craftsmanship. You can execute at both a pixel and conceptual level and collaborate cross functionally with designers and engineers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Designing and concepting icons & illustrations that not only follow the established illustration design guidelines, but also scale across multiple canvases and use cases.
- Developing ideas that push the boundaries of product design and brand storytelling
- Communicating Icon & illustration ideas to stakeholders in clear, concise ways
- Working collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with writers, designers, engineers, strategists, illustrators, and product managers
- Translating complex strategic approaches into easily accessible creative concepts
- 8+ years of experience at agency/in-house concepting and creating ideas for brand and product
- Experience using and designing within Figma
- Experience creating accessible, diverse illustrations and iconography systems
- Experience creating and directing production-ready icons and illustrations that works across multiple platforms
- Experience directing illustrators and icon designers in the creation of brand assets ranging from product icons, to pictograms, to spot illustrations, to hero illustrations
- Experience bringing ideas to life with high quality comps and prototypes use creative software and other tools (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in product design and design thinking
- Experience with self-initiated projects
- Detailed-oriented with a thinker/maker mindset
Remote, flexible schedule w/ long-term stability: On average, 20 hrs/week (with potential for more, depending on demand)
ONLY ONLINE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. DO NOT REACH OUT TO ANYONE DIRECTLY.
From making badass digital creative for the world’s biggest brands, to lunch-break sneaker shopping on Melrose, and thirsty Thursdays at the local pubs. We have a family atmosphere because creating together should be fun, or why do it?